Transanal drainage tube placement to prevent anastomotic leakage following colorectal cancer surgery with double stapling reconstruction

Mutsuhito Matsuda, Masashi Tsuruta, Hirotoshi Hasegawa, Koji Okabayashi, Takayuki Kondo, Takehiro Shimada, Masashi Yahagi, Yusuke Yoshikawa, Yuukou Kitagawa

研究成果: Article査読

16 被引用数 (Scopus)

抄録

Purpose: Anastomotic leakage (AL) is a critical complication of colorectal cancer surgery. The transanal drainage tube (TDT) is designed to prevent AL caused by decompression and stasis at the anastomosis. We conducted this study to investigate the feasibility of using the TDT to prevent AL following double-stapling technique reconstruction (DST). Methods: The subjects of this study were 179 patients who underwent curative resection and DST reconstruction for sigmoid colon and rectal cancer in our institution between 2008 and 2013. We analyzed the effectiveness of the TDT for preventing AL. Results: A TDT was placed in 78 patients (43.6 %, TDT group) and not placed in the remaining 101 patients (56.4 %, NTDT group). AL developed in 2 (2.6 %) patients from the TDT group and in 14 (13.9 %) patients from the NTDT group (p = 0.009). Univariate analysis revealed that AL was significantly correlated with tumor distance from the anal verge (AV), the number of staples, and TDT placement. Multivariate analysis revealed a significantly positive correlation between AL and AV [OR 0.877 (0.783–0.982) p = 0.023] and a significantly negative correlation between AL and TDT placement [OR 0.07 (0.013–0.374) p = 0.002]. Conclusions: Anastomotic decompression with TDT placement may prevent AL after colorectal cancer surgery with DST reconstruction.

本文言語English
ジャーナルSurgery Today
DOI
出版ステータスAccepted/In press - 2015 8 1

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • 外科

フィンガープリント

「Transanal drainage tube placement to prevent anastomotic leakage following colorectal cancer surgery with double stapling reconstruction」の研究トピックを掘り下げます。これらがまとまってユニークなフィンガープリントを構成します。

引用スタイル